Bulletin of the IDF N° 463/2013: Proceedings of The Nutrition & Health Conference, IDF World Dairy Summit 2012 - Cape Town, South Africa-October 2012
|published date||24 March 2013|
|reference||Bulletin of the IDF No. 463/2013|
This publication contains six presentations and one poster presented at the Nutrition and Health Conference during the IDF World Dairy Summit in Cape Town, South Africa in October 2012.
- Dairy’s role in sustainable diets, by H. C. Schönfeldt, N. Hall and B. Pretorius
- The DASH diet: a diet with a focus on dairy, by Catherine M. Champagne
- The benefits of milk and dairy consumption: addressing misconceptions about dairy and vascular disease, by Peter C. Elwood, Janet E. Pickering, Katherine Livingstone and Ian Givens
- Can consumption of milk and milk products be an aid to body weight regulation?, by Anestis Dougkas, Christopher K. Reynolds and D. Ian Givens
- Dairy components in therapeutic foods for malnutrition result in improved clinical outcomes, by Ellen Murray and Mark Manary
- Dairy protein and muscle maintenance in the elderly, by Luc J.C. van Loon
Metabolic effect of milk and fermented milk on parathyroid hormone response and bone metabolism, by Beulah Pretorius and Hettie C Schönfeldt.
Keywords: Appetite, Bone metabolism, Calcium, Cardiovascular disease, CSB, Dairy, Dairy protein, DASH , Diabetes, Diet, Dietary diversity, Environment, Exercise, Fermented milk, Food security, Hypertension, Low fat, Malnutrition, Milk, Milk nutrients, Nutrient density, Nutrition, Nutrition transition, Obesity, Parathyroid hormone, Resource security, RUSF, RUTF, Sarcopenia, Skeletal muscle, Sodium intake, Sustainable, Stroke.