Bulletin of the IDF N° 344/1999 - Laboratory Accreditation and Proficiency Testing - Scanned copy
|published date||24 March 1999|
|reference||Bulletin of the IDF No. 344/1999|
Papers presented at a symposium held during the IDF/ISO/AOAC Analytical week, 19—24 April (1999), Ottawa, Canada
In a relatively short time Laboratory Accreditation has become essential for every laboratory involved in enforcement and an invaluable asset for any laboratory selling its services to other clients. Proficiency Testing is a recognized tool for maintaining accreditation.
In the papers presented, special emphasis is given to the following items:
- importance of Laboratory Accreditation on a more international basis
- compliance with international standards for Laboratory Accreditation
- impact of international requirements
- international guidelines for Proficiency Testing
- equivalency determination
The objectives of the symposium were to consider the mechanisms, pitfalls and advantages of Laboratory Accreditation, the documentation available to guide the accreditee and the essential requirements for Proficiency Testing to be useful in Laboratory Accreditation.